The General Council of the Assemblies of God Nigeria maintains fraternal relationship with the Assemblies of God of United States of America and operates in cooperation with other autonomous Assemblies of God Churches around the world. Cordial relationships have been enjoyed especially with the Division of World Missions (DWM) of the American Assemblies of God since 1939. It will remain eternally grateful for its many great contributions through its missionaries to the growth and development of the Nigerian Assemblies of God.
The Assemblies of God Nigeria is also affiliated to various national, regional, and world bodies with similar interests. Within the international community the national Church is a member of the:-
* World Assemblies of God Fellowship (WAGF)
* Africa Assemblies of God Alliance (AAGA), the continental counterpart of (WAGF), which bodies exist principally to promote, coordinate, and monitor the missionary effort.
* World Pentecostal Conference.
West Africa Assemblies of God Leaders Regional Conference – a consultative forum for Assemblies of God Leaders in the sub-region.
* Africa Theological Training Service (ATTS) a service agency that promotes, coordinates and monitors Assemblies of God Theological education in Africa.
* Central Africa Assemblies of God Alliance (CAAGA).
National Associations to which Assemblies of God Nigeria is committed include:
* Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN)
* Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN)
* Pan African Christian Women Alliance (PACWA)
* Nigeria Evangelical Fellowship (NEF)
* Bible Society of Nigeria